Monday, May 15, 2017

Week Seventy-One: Blast from the Past

Area: Delano Ward
Companion: Hermana Galvez

This week was really good! We were able to see lots of miracles and we had a lot of fun! To top it all off, we got to call home, which always such a joy! I love my family and I love that I can be with them forever!

We started out the week with a surprise. . . facials with a less-active member of the ward. We have been going over to see her for a while and she loves that there are sister missionaries here in Delano. She always calls us the "Mormon Girls" and she told us that she wanted us to feel at home here. She owns a spa in town and she told us to come by last p-day. When we did, she told us that she was going to give us free facials. I guess she saw that our skin was terrible (at least on my part haha). She gave us super intense, hour-long facials and now my skin feels super soft!

On Monday night, we had a nice experience where we were in an area and a couple of our appointments fell through in a row. We were wondering what we should do and we decided to say a prayer and to follow the spirit. When we did, we felt like we needed to go and visit the house of a family that we have been teaching for a while. When we got to the house, it was already 8:45, but we felt like we needed to be there and so we went in. The father of the family started talking to us really openly about all of his doubts and how he wanted to be baptized, but that he wanted to be sure before he took the step. We were able to talk to him and share some scriptures that helped him to work through his feelings an we felt the spirit testify. It was a really nice experience and it helped me to learn that if I follow the promptings of the spirit, I will be led to where I really need to be!

On Tuesday to Wednesday, we had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. It was super fun! They are now in Buena Vista in my old area, so it was also fun to take a trip down memory lane and visit some my old stomping grounds. :) I was with Hermana Dye. She is super cute and a wonderful missionary. It was a little strange going on an exchange and not being the one leading it, but I really liked it! I was able to get a lot of feedback on my missionary work and some tips about how I can improve. The most exciting part of the exchange happened on Tuesday night. Hermana Dye had planned to visit an family of formers that I had taught when I was there last year. I wasn't sure if they would remember me, but when the mother opened the door, she was super surprised that I was there and gave me a big hug. She invited us in and gave us dinner and dessert! It was really nice to see them again and to get to help them to start learning from the missionaries one more time!

On Monday night, we got a call from a member of the ward saying that her daughter and her daughter's friend had just gotten back from BYU and that they wanted to go out with us. We planned to go out with them on Wednesday night and we had a couple of adventures. We had a lot of appointments, so we planned to go out in splits. I went with Elise, the daughter of the member. It was super fun to go out and work with her. Our appointment for the night wasn't home, so we tried to visit another investigator that we hadn't seen in a little while. We were able to talk to her family. When we were heading back to the car, there was a man watering his lawn while his son was playing with a go-kart in the yard. We talked to the man for a while when we heard a giant crash, a car alarm, and a little kid crying. The dad ran off and we saw him walking back with his son, who had crashed his go-kart into a car. They went off to the hospital. Don't worry, we saw the little kid the next day and he had a little bandage on his eye, but he seemed happy and healthy!

We are still working with our investigators and we have been making breakthroughs with a couple of them. We have been working with a couple who is only needs to get married so that they can be baptized. We have been having good lessons with them and they are just about to get the marriage license. We don't know if they will be married right now because they only have a week or two before they temporarily move up north to work in the strawberries, but they are working on it!

I love being a missionary and being here on my mission! I hope that you all have a good week!

Hermana Blau

No comments:

Post a Comment