Monday, February 27, 2017

Week Sixty: Teaching, Teaching, Teaching


Area: Arvin Spanish Group
Companion: Hermana Luquette

This week was really busy, but we were able to do a lot of stuff and talk to a lot of people. I can hardly even believe that it has been a whole week since last p day, but things have been good! Time is really flying by!

We started out the week on p day by going up to Tehachapi and meeting together with all of the Hermanas from the entire mission. It was so fun! Hermana Luquette and I were in charge of planning it, but we didn't really have many ideas, so in the end we decided to tell everyone to bring their favorite snacks and to bring a white t-shirt to decorate. We decorated the t-shirts, ate the snacks, and talked to each other for a couple of hours. It was a really fun activity and it was nice for everyone to get to meet each other.

We taught a TON of lessons this week. I felt like we were either in a lesson with one of our current investigators or we were finding someone new to teach all week long. It was nice to be able to be able to see all of our investigators so much. I feel like we have been teaching a lot of people with a lot of potential this week.

This week, we got a lot of food from people. We were in dinner with a family from our ward on Tuesday and we were just about finished up when the husband came in from the backyard with a ton of cabbages in his hands. I guess he just started working in the cabbage fields and he sent us home with a ton of it. Later, one of our investigators, Luis, gave us a giant bag filled with elote. A couple of days later, we met a lady on the street. She talked to us for a long time about the benefits that come from working in the Grimmway carrot packing plant. I guess it is a pretty good place to work. The best part about the contact was that she let us teach her and after the lesson was over, she gave us a giant bag of carrots. I don't know how we are going to use all of the produce that we have been receiving. Maybe we will make some sort of stew!

We had interviews with President Layton on Wednesday. They are always a really spiritual experience for me. I love to be able to talk to him and to share my thoughts about the work in our area. He really is an inspired man!

We are still teaching Refugio and he is doing really well. He is a really nice man and he is really accepting of everything that we teach. We talked to him about all of the commandments and he was a champ while we were teaching. We asked him if he was going to have a problem with anything and he said that if we told him that was what we believed, that would be what he believed as well. It was really cool to see! It is really fun to teach him. On Saturday, we went over for our lesson and he limped out to see us. I guess that he sprained his ankle really badly. He wasn't able to come to church because of that, but he is really excited to learn more and to come next week.

During church, we were able to help one of the less active members of the ward to come to church with her younger brother. We have been working with their family for a long time and we are finally starting to see them putting their faith into action. We we called on last minute to teach the youth and we were able to share a message about the Gospel with them. It was pretty fun! I remember really stressing out about teaching lessons to the youth when I was in Young Women's, but I guess being a missionary teaches you how to teach on the fly.

This week was great! I love being out here on my mission. I can't believe that it is almost March and that I only have about four months left. I just want to work as hard as I can and to help everyone to accept the gospel! I love this church and that it helps me to come closer to Jesus Christ. I hope that you all have a good week!

Hermana Blau


No comments:

Post a Comment